Located in beautiful Colorado Springs, Orchard Alliance’s Board of Directors has launched a search for a visionary leader to become its next President. The President of Orchard Alliance serves as its chief executive officer, responsible for the development and execution of a broad range of organization-wide initiatives that deliver, through excellence, ministry services—primarily to the worldwide ministry of The Christian and Missionary Alliance—and furthers and expands like-minded ministry services to the broader evangelical Christian community.
At a pivotal moment in the organization’s history, the next President of Orchard Alliance will have the opportunity to set a strategic direction that capitalizes on the ministry’s extensive history, experience, financial strength, and deeply respected reputation—both within its denomination and to the larger evangelical Christian community. The next two decades in Orchard Alliance’s future will have a significant impact on the lives of stakeholders in and of The Alliance and many other ministry partners.
● Must be willing to be an active member of an Alliance church and refrain from behavior that detracts from the Christian testimony of this ministry and The Alliance.
● Master’s degree or equivalent in a business, leadership, or ministry concentration; or ten or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A proven track record in high-level leadership roles with top-level responsibility and accountability in finance, investments, planned giving, interaction with a board of directors, trustees, etc.
● Must have or obtain relevant securities licenses and professional designations.
● The work environment characteristics are variable due to the significant amount of travel that is required and the diverse demands of the role. The role of the President requires a level of “self-care” to maintain a healthy work-life balance and to assure ongoing personal development and soul-care.
1. The president is the embodiment of purpose and passion for the mission of Orchard Alliance.
2. The primary leader of a transformational team, staff, and board, embracing change where necessary with a willingness to take appropriate risks as a common element of the position.
3. An organized thinker with discernment for issues crucial and tangential to the future of Orchard Alliance whether they be spiritual, developmental, organizational, financial, or strategic.
4. A visionary with a passion to continually explore, nurture, challenge, and grow ministry vision beyond the image of today into the dreams for tomorrow.
5. The centralized figure and spokesperson of all that Orchard Alliance represents in all venues, means, and methods.
6. An unwavering and dedicated supporter of the mission and vision of The Alliance and all its family members.
1. Successful leadership of a complex organization, inside or outside of ministry, incorporating responsibilities at the highest levels.
2. A track record of sound strategic and financial decision-making and judgment that moved an organization forward, whether capitalizing on opportunities or overcoming challenges.
3. Has built and empowered high-performance leadership teams and an organization that reflects evangelical Christian values.
4. Proven skills to manage, inspire, influence, and collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders, particularly in an evangelical Christian environment.
5. Demonstrated capacity as a transparent and compelling spokesperson who furthers the reputation, stature, and resources of an organization or initiative.
6. A body of work, on behalf of an organization, that demonstrates a high capacity for innovation, entrepreneurship, growth, and change management.
To view the full opportunity profile click here
AGORA Search Group is a Colorado Springs based search firm providing executive search and selection services to churches, and faith-based nonprofits throughout the world.
Ted Miller is leading the Orchard Alliance President search. For the past 25 years Ted has been involved in church leadership roles in Arkansas, California, Colorado and Oklahoma. This diversity of experience allows Ted to serve organizations and help them identify the leader that is the right fit for their needs and dreams. Ted has been married to Tami for 25 years, and together they have 3 children. Ted is excited and honored to serve with AGORA so that God’s Kingdom will continue to grow.
For further details regarding this position at Orchard Alliance, please contact:
AGORA Search Group