Pastor of Outreach & Renewal Ministries
Colorado Community Church is a multicultural, interdenominational and externally-focused church. As such – and following the heart of our Lead Pastor – we very much pursue being a peaceful presence in our city and believe we exist to “wash the feet of our city.”
At present we are seeking a full-time Pastor of Outreach & Renewal Ministries with proven ability to communicate the gospel of Christ effectively in word and loving acts of service that meets the needs of our city and beyond. A successful candidate will collaborate well with other community partners, and exhibit a pastoral heart and calling to help people find hope and healing through the renewal process.
He or she should function comfortably in a multicultural and interdenominational setting, have a heart to nurture and serve those under their care and influence, and have the leadership skills to equip and oversee God’s people to carry out the works of ministry.
CONNECTING PEOPLE TO CHRIST
Leading an ever-increasing number of people to trust,
worship, serve and proclaim Jesus as Savior, Lord and Friend.
CONNECTING PEOPLE TO COMMUNITY
Developing people that are living in covenant with each other
and creating community for others in an isolated world.
CONNECTING PEOPLE TO CALLING
Mobilizing people to live as missionaries sent by God to seek
His Kingdom and fulfill their purpose in our city and beyond.
We are an interdenominational and multicultural church located in Aurora, Colorado; in the Denver-Metro area. Our calling is to, “Transform our city and beyond by connecting people to Christ, Community and Calling.” We honor the various Christian traditions in the body of Christ and strive to be an externally focused church used by God to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ and serve as an agent of unity among the churches in our city. At present we have three weekend service times with two venues operating concurrently (Worship Center & Chapel). Pre-pandemic our average weekend attendance was roughly 2800 (2500+ Adults and 300+ Children (0-5th grade)). We began regathering in August of 2020 and currently average around 1400 adults and children in-person and another 1000 participating online in our three worship services.
We offer excellent benefits, including employer-paid health insurance premiums, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement with employer-paid contribution (for 40/hour week employees), and paid sick time.
We love God
We love people
We love our city
The Pastor of Outreach & Renewal Ministries leads the Outreach & Renewal Ministries Department within the Community Involvement Zone. This position primarily serves the congregation through facilitating portions of our outreach effort and sustaining mutually beneficial relationships with our 5+5 Ministries. In addition, this role oversees our Renewal Ministries efforts. This position reports to the Community Involvement Zone Leader. This is a full time, salaried, department-leader position with benefits.
• Provide vision, leadership and resources for an effective, Christ-centered Outreach & Renewal Ministry to the adults of Colorado Community and our local community.
• Develop and execute an annual Strategic Plan for this department.
• Develop a fiscally responsible department budget and ensure operating within its confines.
• Work alongside the Community Involvement Zone Leader to provide mechanisms to disciple our congregation to service as a way of life.
• Provide quarterly Dare to Care out-serving experiences for our congregation which focus on meeting some of the practical needs in our own backyard and local community.
• Pursue mutually beneficial relationships with our various 5+5 Ministries (Missionaries, Mission Teams and Strategic Partners) and ensure we fulfill our covenant agreements and that all pertinent records are created and maintained.
• Oversee the Missionary Care Team to ensure consistency of care and communication for our 5+5 Missionaries.
• Oversee our Celebrate Recovery ministry and any other recovery-based groups.
• Provide direct guidance to our CR Ministry Coordinator.
• Create and implement strategies to provide other renewal opportunities for the unique needs in our congregation and community.
• Serve as pastoral liaison to the assigned areas of ministry to give oversight and, as needed, help recruit, equip, appreciate and motivate volunteer leaders.
• Safety Team – Provide pastoral leadership and guidance to our CCC Safety Team with a goal of providing a team presence for our weekend services and other key times in our ministry programming.
• Share in the Pastoral Shepherding of the congregation by participation in the “Pastor of the Day” (POD) and “Emergency Pastor on Call” (EPOC) rotations as well as other Pastoral duties (Weddings, Funerals, Hospital visitation, Compassion Fund requests, Involvement in worship services as requested, etc.).
• A Christ honoring life marked by personal holiness, prayer, bible study, spiritual and emotional maturity and increasing dependence on the Holy Spirit (Titus 1:6-9, 1 Timothy 3:1-7).
• Unquestionable integrity, specifically in areas of handling finances, relationships and time management.
• A person who understands and models the Christian principle of servant-leadership.
• Someone who is eager, flexible and has a teachable spirit.
• A clear call to pastoral ministry and affirmation in that role.
• In full agreement with and champions Colorado Community’s Calling, Convictions and Statement of Faith.
• Supportive of the structure and leadership of Colorado Community Church.
• Passionate about seeing others succeed.
• Strives for excellence in all work duties.
• Pastoral gifting; naturally shepherds with strong gifts in leadership, serving and compassion.
• Proven skill in equipping and releasing leaders into ministry (Eph. 4:16) as well as experience in team building and training people for ministry with a missional attitude and focus.
• A heart that resonates with the biblical truths of God’s ongoing redemptive work in this world and that Jesus is making “all things new” (Rev. 21:5).
• Knowledgeable and/or experienced with recovery work in both a ministry and secular setting.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills and can multi-task various ministry responsibilities.
• Effectively communicates with and relates to people of all ages.
• A self-starter – always learning from books, others and life experiences with a commitment to excellence.
• Seminary degree with at least 3 years of ministry experience preferred but equivalent ministry experience or bible college degree is acceptable.
• Comfortable in interdenominational and multicultural settings.
• Solid computer skills with competency in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
• Willing and able to learn and effectively use the church’s database system.
Work Schedule & Meetings
• Work Schedule: Must be available to work at least 44 calendar weekends per year for worship service coverage as well as special services (Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, etc.). Up to three (3) additional weekends away to, “Grow Fruit on Other’s Trees” may be requested for non-honorarium, ministry purposes (retreat, mission trip, training conference, growing fruit, etc.).
• Office Hours: Keep regular office hours (as much as possible).
• Meetings: Attend all required staff meetings and retreats (“Devos & Prayer”, Monthly All Staff, Annual Retreat, etc.).
Welcome to the Denver metro area, where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods and the natural beauty of the Rocky Mountains combine to create the world’s most spectacular playground. This intersection of culture and outdoor recreation has led to unprecedented population growth in the cities surrounding CCC. In 2006 the population of the city of Aurora was 296,999 by 2018 it had risen to 374,154. God has placed the city on the heart of Colorado Community Church and they have a passion to reflect the diversity of their city and to serve him from right where they are.
• Ethnicity: White 59.3%, Latino 28.8%, African-American 16.2%, Asian 5.7%, Other 13.1%
• Gender: Male 49%, Female 51%
• Median Age: 34.5
• Households: 46.6% married, 15.1% single parent, female led, 34.3% of households are non-families, 35.5% of households have children under 18 in them
• Foreign-born residents: 19.6% of population
• Ethnicity: White 60.2%, African-American 25.9%, Latino 7.1%, Asian 2.1%, Other 4.7%
• Gender: Male 45%, Female 55%
• Median Age: 36.1
• Households: 72.3% Married, 8.8% Divorced, 14.1% Single
• Countries of Origin: 27
• Top 5 Former Denominations: Non-Denominational, Baptist, Catholic, Christian, Methodist
To view the full opportunity profile click here
AGORA Search Group is a Colorado Springs search firm providing executive search and selection services to churches and faith-based organizations throughout the world.
Founded in April 2000, AGORA offers a record of unmatched success in placing pastors, executives and senior-level leaders in churches and non-profit organizations. Recognizing that not every good leader is a good fit for every good organization, our aim is to serve as a catalyst for clarity, discernment and support in your search process. While AGORA is structured as for profit, it is driven by mission, resulting in a dynamic and agile approach to “business as ministry.” Additionally, AGORA tithes from its profits to ministries that support the Church and its mission.
Josh Ellis is leading this search. Josh has spent many years serving within church and para-church ministries, most recently as an Executive Pastor. He brings to AGORA a passion for people, a love for culture, and a desire to help churches make the love of God known to all.
For further details regarding this position at Colorado Community Church, please contact:
AGORA Search Group